Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I am starting a Blog about my journey on the Daniel fast. I will be only eating fruits, vegetables, and seeds. I will only be drinking water.  Why you might ask?  Well it all began in 2011. God was calling me to have a deeper relationship with him. 2011 was a very hard year for me. I had a choice to let all the bad that happen define me or to allow God to help me grow stronger thru it.  It began with my husband needing 3 surgeries, one on his knee, one on his hand, and one on his Stoma. My children experienced some difficult times. My son was deployed for his 2nd tour overseas. My oldest brother died and went home to be with the Lord. My ex-husband died a tragic death. and the list could go on and on. Through all this heart ache though we had celebrations too. My son had a wedding ceremony that was absolutely beautiful, my daughter married an amazing man. My daughter and step-daughter became pregnant. My grandson Liam was born. I was finally Blessed with being able to go on my first Missions trip. I went to Peru.
 2011 brought me more to my knees crying out to the Lord and trusting Him and when I came back to the states after going to Peru that is when I realized God was calling me to have a much deeper relationship with him.
 I began co-leading a Cycle Breakers (First Place 4 Health) group at my church. This group showed me what was missing in my life and more importantly in my relationship with God.
 So as I write this we are on week 10 and I have lost 20lbs but I have gained so much more. I have begun praying before I start my day and as I end my day. I am memorizing scripture, I am fasting, I am deeping my relationship with God.
 So I am now going to embark on a journey to give the Holy Spirit his righteous spot in my temple. Complete Control. I will be doing the Daniel Fast starting the day after Easter.
  I will be blogging about my Day, my journey, my devotional and a whole lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment